Historic Murals of Danville - Transportation MuralIn 1886, Danville’s first trolleys used mule power. After two years, electrically operated vehicles replaced this primitive public conveyance. Later, still using the green and cream color scheme, modern streamlined vehicles supplanted open cars and in 1938, gasoline-powered buses replaced the iron-wheeled trolleys, bringing a nostalgic era to an end. Likenesses featured are Walter Gunn assisting wife, Gail, down the steps as young Andrew Preston Saunders climbs aboard. In the right inset are Mary and K. D. Williams, founders of Mary’s Diner. In the stroller at left is Jesse Brooks. The mural, created by artist Wes Hardin, can be seen at the corner of Spring and N. Union Street at the City's transportation hub. Learn More.
127 North Union Street
HOURS OF OPERATION