attractions

Pittsylvania County Courthouse

This Greek Revival Courthouse was built in 1853 when L.A. Shumaker, a regional master builder, was paid $10,000 to design and erect the building. The courthouse has been elegantly restored. The interior of the courthouse is embellished with elaborate plasterwork. A magnet for researchers is the clerk's office where records go back to 1747.

OUR LOCATION

Main Street
Chatham,VA 24531

WEBSITE

HAVE QUESTIONS

Primary: 434-432-2041

HOURS OF OPERATION

WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBILITY

NO